Monday 14 June 2021

Resin Tag

 Seaside Hanging Tag



Hello everyone,  I have just discovered the world of 'Resin Art'.  So I had a hunt for some moulds I could try that fitted in with the Seaside Girl Collection.  This is what developed.



Firstly I got curious - what would this resin work in, so I just made up a cupful and gathered a variety of mould types.  


I tried it in silicone and clear soft moulds, plastic dish and a sticky tape backed/acetate frame free form.  They all worked, some just removed easier.


My first batch I just used the clear resin.  Once it was cured I coated them with gesso thinking it would paint easier - I found that the wet ink was lifting the gesso in places. So, next I tried colouring the resin by adding a coloured alcohol ink (white).  This worked better with the painting - so now I know.


I cut a piece of cardboard 4" x 5" and sealed it with a coating of gesso on both sides.


I sealed the paper as well (next time I would use a matte) then glued it onto the backing board with glue.



I painted more moulds than I needed with the alcohol inks.  I used a few coats of different colours and the inks blended well onto the resin.



The components I used for this project.  Once I got this far it was just a matter of gluing it all together.  I added some art stones and modelling paste to finish it off.






The finished project.   
With the resin pieces, I thought that this idea of a 'hanging tag' could be a nice gift.



Couture Creations Products used:-


CO728096     Clear Casting Resin
CO728309     Seaside Girl - 6.5" Paper Collection, Page 1B & 3A
CO728317     Seaside Girl - Ephemera Pack
CO726327     Glue - White Tacky
CO726328     Glue - Liquid Scrap Spots
CO727301     Alcohol Ink - Botanical
CO727307     Alcohol Ink - Dandelion
CO727309     Alcohol Ink - Eggplant
CO727310     Alcohol Ink - Espresso
CO727332     Alcohol Ink - Snow Cap
CO727333     Alcohol Ink - Stream
CDEIPLU032   Dye Ink - Cappuccino
CO727948     Blending Brush - Medium
CO724871     White Gesso



Other Products:-
   Moulds,  Muslin/cheesecloth,  hession, ribbon, string, artsy stones,  4" x 5" cardboard base, a paper sealer like Mod Podge mat medium, modelling paste, .



To find a store near you that stock these Couture Creations products, click on the following link:- 


My Blog link is:-



Thanks for joining me...









No comments:

Post a Comment