Thursday 11 June 2020

Creating History Together Butterfly Card - CCDT 1820



'Creating Memories Together Butterfly Card'


Hello Everyone,

Welcome to my next project for Couture Creations using the
 'Steampunk Dreams' Collection.

There is a great mix of interesting elements in this collection - you could so easily create a card for a female or a male, a layout or off-the-page project.  The butterflies are like no other I have seen before, so I just had to have a play with them.  Along with each collection I also like to try new techniques, so I experimented with multi-coloured pigment inks and clear embossing powder.

I hope it inspires you to give it a go


My finished Butterfly card






The components used for this project

Here I heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder onto heat resistant acetate.  On the butterfly stamp, I combined different coloured pigment inks then I added clear embossing powder to highlight the detail.  I also created another added interest.


All the elements prepped and ready for assembly. 
My card size is  4 1/8" x 5 7/8" (1/4 of an A4 sheet).
My matting piece is 1/8" smaller on all sides.  The peeled paint paper was cut to the exact length of the matt piece.  The Mesh Die was cut from the glitter card -I kept a few of the circle off-cuts.  The butterfly and cogs were from the same patterned paper.

I attached the pieces to the card with a mix of glue, double-sided tape and foam tape.  After every piece was in place I tucked and glued some aqua/blue sisal fibres and some self-adhesive mesh plasters tape under the butterfly.


Another view



The finished card




Couture Creations Products Used:-

CO727708 & 9 -   Steampunk Dreams -12-x-12in Sheets               
ULT200013 -  12x12" cardstock - Seafoam  
CO727711- Die - Steampunk Dreams - Mesh
CO727714- Die & Stamp - Steampunk Dreams - Butterflies and Gears -8pc 
CO727719- Stamp - Steampunk Dreams - Sentiments - set-10pc
CDEIPUL005 - Pigment Ink - Pearlescent - Turquoise
CDEIPUL028 - Pigment Ink - Pearlescent - Silver
CDEIPUL029 - Pigment Ink - Pearlescent - Bronze
CO724963 - Embossing Powder - Glacier White - Opaque
CO724959 - Embossing Powder - Crystal Clear -Basics - High Gloss
CO723978 - Multi-purpose Heat Tool
J7036-1001PAD - Versamark Ink Pad
CO725662 - Goodbye Static Pad
F1005249- 12 inch Trimmer
CO726520- GoPower & Emboss Machine (Die-Cutting Machine)


Other Products:-     Distressing tool, Foam tape, Double-sided tape, Glue, Heat Resistant Acetate, Aqua/Blue Sisal Fibres, Self-adhesive Mesh Plasters tape.




To find a store near you that stock these Couture Creations products, click on the following link:-

My Blog Link is:  

cardcraftkaylee.blogspot.com



Thanks for joining me...





No comments:

Post a Comment