Friday 15 May 2020

Creating History Together Butterfly & Locket Layout - CCDT 1920



'Creating Memories Together Butterfly & Locket Layout'



My finished Layout


Hello Everyone,

Welcome to my next project for Couture Creations using the
 'Steampunk Dreams' Collection.

Here I am playing with more of the interesting elements in this collection - this time I am having a go at a layout. 

I love the negative images just as much as the positive ones from foiling, so I added both images of the butterfly and locket  to this project.  The sentiment stamps are just as impressive.  How appropriate is this one -'Creating History Together' for new parents.

I hope it inspires you to give it a go




Components used for this project.


All components prepped and ready for assembly.

I cut the designer paper just under the music notes, being careful to keep any overlapping flowers by fussy-cutting around them.  I followed that angle to cut all other papers.  I tried to create a bit of interest in the top left corner to try and balance the colours.  I wanted to add interest to the borders so I off-set them with different width margins.  All the edges of the paper cuts were inked.

All the foiling was done on black card.  I used both the positive and negative images of the butterfly and locket.  I die-cut the key and small heart (that was from the centre of the key), added glue to them, then used the off-cuts of the foil to burnish over the glued area then lifted off leaving a distressed look on them. 

I die-cut the small tags, placed them into the embossing folder and then ran them through the die-cutting machine.  I brushed the sanding block across the surface of the tags until the core paper appeared on the music notes.

I fussy-cut a few flowers from the designer paper, inked the edges and curled the petals to give them more dimension.

Depending on the various pieces, I used cardboard, foam tape and glue to mount them.

Once all the bulk pieces where in place I tucked and glued the muslin into areas that looked a bit bare.  I added some drops of brown alcohol ink to the art stones then glued them down.  I rubbed/blended a bit of white gesso around some of the elements just to soften their edges.

Completed Layout with all components in place.

A closer look at the layers


Another view





Couture Creations Products Used:-

CO727707 -   Steampunk Dreams 12x12"  Sheet              
ULT200006 -  12x12" cardstock - Chasm  
CO727713- Die - Steampunk Dreams - Straight Tags - 4pc 
CO727720- Cut & Create Die  - Steampunk Dreams - Stamp of Love
CO727721- Cut & Create Die - Steampunk Dreams - Heart Locket
CO727724 - Cut & Create Die - Steampunk Dreams - Steampunk Butterfly
CDEIPU032 - Dye Ink - Cappuccino
CDEIPU036 - Dye Ink - Dark Grey
CO727310 - Alcohol Ink - Espresso
CO726077-  Heat Activated Foil - Gold Iridescent Square Pattern 
CO724988 - Embossing Powder - Gold Gold - Sparkles
CO723978 - Multi-purpose Heat Tool
J7036-1001PAD - Versamark Ink Pad
CO725662 - Goodbye Static Pad
F1005249- 12 inch Trimmer
CO726520- GoPower & Emboss Machine (Die-Cutting Machine)
CO723950- Embossing Folder - A2 Scattered Notes
ULT157316- Sanding Block


Other Products:-     Black card, Foam tape, Double-sided tape, Glue, Distressing Tool, Heat Resistant Acetate, Muslin/Cheesecloth,  Art Stones and Gesso.




To find a store near you that stock these Couture Creations products, click on the following link:-

My Blog Link is:  

cardcraftkaylee.blogspot.com




Thanks for joining me...






No comments:

Post a Comment