Tuesday 16 March 2021

Thank You Friend Shaker Card

 Thank You Friend

Shaker Card


Hello again, welcome to my next project for Couture Creations using the 'Blooming Friendship' Collection.  This time I created a shaker card. 




I started with the stamping and heat-embossing. I had to first stamp the flower, 2 mugs and the cookie onto white card and heat-emboss with silver glitter embossing powder.  The word 'friend' was created by embossing the stamp 'friendship' onto heat-resistant acetate (the heat from the heating tool will warp normal acetate)and embossed it with white embossing powder, then trimmed it down to just have 'friend'.

Once that was done I started making the shaker frame.  I aligned the 2 larger flower dies over the stamp and cut them out together.  While they were still taped together I then cut the same frame out of foam. I then slid the postcard under the newly created frame to make sure the wording was positioned where I wanted it.  Using the frame as the guide, I then placed the 2nd largest die over the postcard and die-cut it. I used the large die to cut the acetate.  I glued the frame to the acetate then the acetate to the foam.   To make the silver accent frame, I laid the 2nd largest die over the silver cardstock and using a pencil, I just traced around the inside and outside and cut it out using a craft knife.

I glued a couple of sequences directly onto the postcard cutout, added the rest into the well of the frame. I aligned the postcard cutout into the frame and held it there with a couple of strips of tape so I could flip it over and glue it to the card front.

Next I glued a background mat from the silver card to the cardbase then topped it with the designer paper that was distressed around the edges.

I glued the shaker frame to the card front. I fussy cut the 2 mugs and cookie. I added a foam square behind the bottom of the cookie cutout and one behind the centre of one mug.  I arranged them as per the photo and glued them in place.  I finished by adding a few blue branches from the ephemera pack.  I thought it needed something, so I got my water-brush out and grey dye ink and randomly painted around the flower near the silver frame.



A sideways view.


A closer look at the layering.



The finished project.


Couture Creations Products used:-

CO728099             Blooming Friendship - Paper Collection, Page 1B & Postcard
CO728107     Blooming Friendship - Ephemera Set
CO728110     Blooming Friendship - Stamp/Die - Blooming Flower
CO728123     Blooming Friendship - Stamp - Tall Hot Chocolate
CO728125     Blooming Friendship - Stamp - Cookies
CO728130     Blooming Friendship - Stamp - Cherished Friends
CO724990     Embossing Powder - Sparkles - Silver/Silver
CDEIPU035          Dye Ink - Grey
CO727166     A4 Glitter Card - Silver
CO723978     Heat Tool
CO727381     Stamp Press
CO726809     Craft Knife

Other Products:-
    Card base and white cardstock, distressing tool, sequences, heat-resistant acetate, white foam, double-sided foam tape, cardboard, glue and water-brush.



To find a store near you that stock these Couture Creations products, click on the following link:- 


My Blog link is:-





Thanks for joining me...




No comments:

Post a Comment