Saturday 11 April 2020

Heart full of Roses Cards CC DT - 1520


Heart full of Roses Cards

Hello Everyone,
Welcome to my next project for Couture Creations using the
'My Secret Love' Collection.

I created 2 cards using 2 contrasting colours.  I wanted to use the lovely Rose Stamp,  Glitter Card and Embossing Powders.  It only felt right to incorporate the Heart dies as well for a Love card.

I hope it inspires you to give it a go.




My finished card with
Couture Creations'  MY SECRET LOVE Collection




I will start with the  'Gold Rose' Card.  These are the Couture Creations components that I used.





I stamped the Rose stamp with Black solvent ink onto the Gold glitter card.  I then started to colour the leaves with 3 colours of green alcohol inks, allowing time for drying before adding the next colour.  By using the 3 colours I was hoping to achieve a more realistic look. 



Once the white card in the embossing folder had been run through the die-cutting machine, I blended the Salmon dye ink around the edges.  With the die-cut leaves I started painting with my first colour of green alcohol ink - Pistachio. 



All the components prepped and ready for assembly.




The remaining off-cut of glitter card that was left after cutting the roses out, I used as a mat - I didn't want too much glitter, just a hint.  Behind the Roses and small Heart label I added foam tape and behind the embossed mat I added a cardboard piece to give dimension.



I off-set the mats to create a bit more interest.  The finish 'Gold Rose' card with the stamp inked only.  Afterwards I added heat embossed powder over the top of the rose stamp as I felt it needed more definition (see top photo).


I felt I needed to do a lighter toned card so I created the 'Pink Rose' card.  These are the Couture Creations components that I used.
Instead of using the embossing folder, I used the patterned paper which had the same design.



All the components prepped and ready for assembly.


All assembled.  With this card I heat embossed the rose stamp and loved the look.  The embossing raised the edges of the petals and looked more 3D.  You just have to remember to attach the silver ribbon behind the pink mat before adhering all to the card front.






Couture Creations Products Used:-


CO726882- Negative Heart Frames Nesting Dies
CO725769- Embossing Folder - C'est La Vie - Tied Lines
CO724989- Heat Embossing - Sparkles -Copper/Copper                



Other Products Used:
Ivory Card, Versamark, Black Solvent Ink, Glue, Paint brush, Black ribbon bow, Silver ribbon tie.





To find a store near you that stock these Couture Creations products, click on the following link:-

Thanks for joining me...







No comments:

Post a Comment