Wednesday 12 January 2022

Banksia Thanks Card

 Banksia Thanks Card


















Welcome again! Still loving the 'glitter'.  The gold glitter embossing powder was used on this very pretty background stamp.  These elements are from Couture Creation's new collections Homely Florals and the 5x7 Background stamp sets - Release 1.

I created this card around a colour theme of purple and gold.  I don't think the banksias are naturally this colour but this was the exciting thing to see if they looked good anyway.  

So I started by heat embossing the background stamp and the sentiment stamp.  To stop any warping of the card I put a heavy pile of card on top of the embossed image and left it there overnight.

The banksias were created by stamping the stamp with the black outline ink onto white photographic paper and coloured it with the alcohol markers.  I am a beginner at colouring with markers and I have found the colourless blender is my friend - it seems to give a range of colour tones that blend out my inexperience.  Once it was coloured, I added some of the new 'golden age' to the base of the flower - that just gave a lovely touch of gold sparkle.  I then fussy-cut out the image and backed it with cardboard. After I had finished the card, I added some white stroke marks on the flowers to bring them forward and to highlight the petals.

I trimmed the mat pieces to a size I liked and glued the gold card directly to the card front.  I added cardboard behind the front white mat, glued the embossed mat to it, then added the stamped image on top.  I had to have this in place before I could add the sentiment tag.

I created the sentiment tag with oval punches.  I inked the edge of the sentiment one, punched 2 holes either side and threaded the gold string ribbon through them, added a couple of foam squares between them, threaded the ribbon through a gem bead before securing the ends behind the front mat.  I then glued the front mat arrangement to the card front.  

The card seemed a bit darkish so I added a bit of white muslin under and in the arrangement to lighten it and give a bit of depth and interest.

I enjoyed making this card.  It was a bit of a test to learn new things and interesting to see how combining colours and mediums would work together.  I hope this might inspire you to try new things and be pleasantly surprised as well.



CO725815     5x7 White Card & Envelope
ULT200086    Cardstock - Royal Midnight
CO725405     Mirror Board -Matte Gold Damask
CO724977     Embossing Powder - Amethyst Metallic Finish
CO727181     Photographic Alpine White Smooth card 
CO728409     Background Stamp Sets - Release 1 - New Growth
CO728657     Stamp & Colour Acrylic Stamp Set - Homely Florals - Charming                                 Banksia
CO728475     Outline Ink Pad - Black
COAP0          Alcohol Marker - Colourless Blender
COAP5305    Alcohol Marker - Greek White
COAP377      Alcohol Marker - Olive Green
COAP7493    Alcohol Marker - White Lotus Leaf
COAP7538    Alcohol Marker - Rock Ash
COAP2265    Alcohol Marker - Hyacinth
COAP271      Alcohol Marker - Lavender
COAP2715    Alcohol Marker - Hydrangea
CO728485     Alcohol Ink - Golden Age - Amyethyst
CDEIPU010  Dye Ink - Blueberry Purple
CO724977     Embossing Powder - Amethyst Metallic Finish
CO724988     Embossing Powder - Gold Super Sparkles
CO728278     Embossing Ink Pad
CO725662     Goodbye Static Pad
CO727948     Blending Brush - Medium
CO728462     Handy Clips
CO726327    Glue - White Tacky
CO724824    GoCut and Emboss die cutting machine
CO72738      Precision Stamp Press 

Other Products:-
White pen, gold string ribbon, 2 rhinestone beads, muslin, oval punches, scissors, cardboard backing and adhesive foam squares.


Thanks for stopping by ...


You can see me over on my personal blog here:-



No comments:

Post a Comment