Monday 19 April 2021

Friends Card with Kaylee

Hello everyone,  just love playing with the Blooming Friendship collection.  With this card I wanted to try painting the flower with alcohol inks on watercolour paper - I loved how smooth the ink went on. 



I started by stamping the flower with the burgundy re-inker, die-cut it out and painted it.  With the lighter ink I coloured the outside edge of the petals first, then the middle of the petal with the medium colour, finishing up with the darker colour in the centre.


Next up I laid/taped a mask made from ripping copy paper over the card front for the border edge and blended these 2 colours in this area.

.

Next, embossed the brick stamp to the card front and the sentiment onto acetate.


I mounted the flower onto cardboard the glued to cardfront. I used the clear quick dry glue to adhere the acetate strip. 



Finished.  If I could only capture the glitter/shine of the flower - it looked very pretty.



Couture Creations Products used:-


CO728110     Blooming Friendship - Stamp & Die - Blooming Flower
CO728129     Blooming Friendship - Stamp - Backgrounds & Borders
CO728130     Blooming Friendship - Stamp - Cherished Friends
CO724963     Embossing Powder - Basics - Glacier White
CO727337     Alcohol Ink Blending Solution
CO727326     Alcohol Ink - Red Pepper
CO727664     Alcohol Ink Glitter Accents - Peach
CO727672     Alcohol Ink Glitter Accents - Cardinal
CO728212     Alcohol Ink Re-inker - Burgundy
CDEIPU022   Dye Ink - Yellow Green
CDEIPU024   Dye Ink - Olive Green
CO728159     Cotton Watercolour Paper 300gsm
CO723978     Heat Tool
CO727381     Stamp Press


Other Products:-
    6" square Card base and white cardstock, heat-resistant acetate, cardboard, and glue.



My blog link is:-



Thanks for joining me...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment