Friday 14 February 2020

'SPECIAL SOMEONE' LAYOUT - CCDT 1120


'SPECIAL SOMEONE' LAYOUT



My finished 'Special Someone' Layout



Hello Everyone,

Welcome to my next project.  Working with the lovely 'Peaceful Peonies' Collection from Couture Creations.  When I saw the sentiment stamp that had the words 'Special Someone' I just knew I had to use it.  The photo is of my new little grand-daughter, one week old.  The photo was taken by Jessica Wright.  So here goes..


1.  I started by adding a backing sheet to the design paper to give it more support.
2.   Used an old flower die from  Couture Creations'  Secret Treasures Collection to make some flowers.  I used watercolour pad 300 gsm paper as it looked like the 'mulberry paper' that is used in a lot of flowers.  I cut 3 sets out.
3.  I coloured the centres of the flowers with Beige and the petals with Coral pigment inks, both sides.


4.  I then sprayed the flowers with water, folded the petals over onto themselves,  twisted them, then gently unfolded the petals back open then allowed them to dry.
5.  Fussy cut all the flowers from sheet 03A




6.  Prepare all the other elements - Die-cut all, tie a 3-looped bow and back the matting pieces with cardboard.  The Mat sizes (from top down) are 10cm x 8 cm, 7cm x 6cm, 6cm x 3.5cm, 6cm x 3.5cm and photo is 7cm x 10cm.




7.  I Stamped the Cursive writing stamp with silver pigment ink onto acetate, sprinkled clear embossing powder over that then set it with a heat gun.  Once it was dry I loosely cut around the outside of the heart shaped die so I had some meat to glue to the bigger frame. 

8.  I glued the embossed acetate piece to the underside of the large heart frame.  Glue and layer all the matting pieces, drape the two heart frames around the photo. 





9.  Assemble and glue all these pieces in place.





10.  Tuck and glue all these pieces around the bottom left of page.



11.  I masked off the top wording of the sentiment stamp before I inked it with clear ink, onto the vellum.  I then sprinkled white embossing powder over that, then set them with the heat gun.  Tuck and glue pieces in place as shown.




12.  The finished Layout












Couture Creations Products Used:-




CO727350  Peaceful Peonies Paper Pad 12 x 12 Sheet 01A, 08B





CO727407  Stamp  Cursive Mini Stamp
CO727385 Dies Framed Fleur De Lis 2 pce set
CO727396 Die  Floral Circle
CO727388 Die  Leafy Branch
CO727390 Die  Cornered Leaves 2
CO727392 Die  Tall Branches
CO727383  Die  Layered Trillium
                    Die  Nesting Hearts
CO723524  Die Retro Flowers from 'Secret Treasures ' Collection
          
CDEIPL011 Pigment Ink Coral
CDEIPL028 Pigment Ink Silver
CDEIPL019 Pigment ink Beige



Other Products Used:

Watercolour Pad 300gsm paper, Vellum, Clear embossing ink, White Embossing Powder, Muslin, Adhesive pearls, Coral coloured ribbon bow,  Double-sided adhesive foam squares, Glue, cardboard, scissors, water pen, Heat Gun, and die-cutting machine.




To find a store near you that stock these Couture Creations products, click on the following link:-

My Blog Link is:  Card Craft Kaylee

Thanks for joining me...


No comments:

Post a Comment