Monday 21 February 2022

Homely Florals Cards Gift Box Set 2

 Homely Florals & Background Stamps Cards Gift Box Set 2


 












Welcome again!   Continuing on from my last Blog post, I made another set of cards for a Box Set using Couture Creation's new 'Homely Florals' & '5" x 7" Background Stamp Set - Release 1'.

 These are 5" x 7" cards.  I made 3, dimensional cards and a box to create a Gift Set.  I mixed the colours this time on these cards but kept some glitter with the embossing powder on the background embossing. 

I matted the coloured cardstock and glued it directly onto the card front.   I used a mix of both the black and the white photographic card and heat embossed the background stamps to them.  I trimmed them to a size smaller than the purple mat, blended the dye inks around the edges, mounted them on cardboard then glued them to the card front. 

I die-cut the 'happy', 'sending' and 'thoughts' dies from both cardstock and gold mirror board.  I off-set them then glued them both together to give it a shadow effect.  

I cut a couple of different sizes and colours of 'hearts' for the sentiment 'my heart is with you' to be mounted on.

There is a lovely lot of flowers in the ephemera pack so I chose a different selection of flowers  for the cards and added foam tape to the backs.   I added more foam tape under the focal flower to make it higher than everything else. Once all the pieces were ready, I just moved them around until I was happy with the placement.  It was just a matter of glueing/sticking all the pieces in place.

I made the box using the diagram with measurements above.   I Scored, cut, burnished and glued it all together.  I have a few photos on my previous post of the assembly of this box.  I kept the box plain but you could bring an element from each of the cards and create an arrangement on the front of the box.



ULT200017    Cardstock - Blue Diamond
ULT200045    Cardstock - Paper Bag
ULT200065    Cardstock - Firefly  
CO727181     Photographic Alpine White Smooth Card
CO727178     Photographic Black Card
CO725405     Mirror Board - Matte Gold Damask (Retired)
CO728658     Die Cut Ephemera Set - Homely Florals
CO728662     Homely Florals Die Set - Happy Sentiment
CO725815     5" x 7" Cards & Envelopes - White
CDEIPU005   Dye Ink - Warm Red
CDEIPU018   Dye Ink - Light Blue
CDEIPU032   Dye Ink - Cappuccino
CO727948     Blending Brush - Medium
CO728278     Embossing Ink Pad
CO724977     Embossing Powder - Metallics - Amethyst
CO724988     Embossing Powder - Super Sparkles - Gold
CO724990     Embossing Powder - Super Sparkles - Silver
CO728511     Glue - All Purpose Art Glue

Other Products:-

Heart-shaped dies, Cardboard, Foam and foam tape.
 
    

Thanks for stopping by ...


You can see me over on my personal blog here:-
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment