Sunday 17 October 2021

Rustic Tree and Holly BonBons

 Rustic Tree and Holly BonBons












Welcome again!  These elements are from Couture Creation's new collections 'Deck the Halls' 

I wanted to created something that wasn't a card using these christmas dies so I tried my hand at these 'Crackers/BonBons'.  The paper pad is 6 1/4" x 6 1/4" so I created 2 templates to make it a 5 sided bonbon.  The difference is the length of the middle section.  I added a paper flap to the horizontal side so each of the sides can be glued without covering any of the patterned paper.  Each side has a glued on added 1" strip of glitter card with that has one fancy edge . 

I scored along the measurements in both directions.  To cut the centres of the folded section that is under the bow area, I used the large corner punch.  You have to hold the fold on the centre score line and the horizontal side score line so as to create a right angle to go into the punch.  

Once everything is scored, punched and glued it is just a matter of coaxing the folds to create the tied area to form.  Tie a matching ribbon on each side.  The die cuts are then glued to the centre front of the bonbon.

If you want to add a gift inside I would wrap it in tissue paper and place it inside before the sides are glued together.   


CO725405     Mirror Board -Matte Gold Damask
CO727173      Glitter Card - Gold
CO727169     Glitter Card - Purple
CO728564     Winter Dazzle 6"x6" Paper Pack
CO728565     Deck the Halls - Die - Holly Centrepiece
CO728570     Deck the Halls - Die - Rustic Christmas Tree
CO725349     Corner Punch - Large 10mm
CO726342     Scoring Board - 12"
CO726327    Glue - White Tacky
CO724824    GoCut and Emboss die cutting machine


Other Products:-
Gold and purple ribbon. 


Thanks for stopping by ...


You can see me over on my personal blog here:-







No comments:

Post a Comment